Van Duy Nguyen, Thanh Tra Nguyen, Thu Thuy Pham, Michael Packianather, Chi Hieu Le (2019): Molecular screening and genetic diversity analysis of anticancer Azurin-encoding and Azurin-like genes in human gut microbiome deduced through cultivation-dependent and cultivation-independent studies. Int Microbiol (2019). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10123-019-00070-8.
Nguyen Thi Thuy Giang, Nguyen Thi Chinh, Montira Leelakriangsak, Pham Thu Thuy, Pham Quoc Hung, Chokchai Lueangthuwapranit, Nguyen Van Duy (2018): Promotion of Lactobacillus plantarum on growth and resistance against acute hepatopancreatic necrosis disease pathogens in white-leg shrimp (Litopenaeus vannamei). Thai Journal of Veterinary Medicine, 48 (1) ): 19-28.
Nguyen T.H. and Nguyen V.D. (2017): Characterization and Applications of Marine Microbial Enzymes in Biotechnology and Probiotics for Animal Health. In: Se-Kwon Kim and Fidel Toldrá, editors, Advances in Food and Nutrition Research, Vol. 80, Burlington: Academic Press, pp. 37-74.
Nguyen Van Duy (2016): Marine glycans in relationship with probiotic microorganisms to improve human and animal health. In: Se-Kwon Kim (ed.), Marine Glycobiology: Principles and Applications, CRC Press, pp. 67-84.
Nguyen Chuong, Nguyen Van Duy (2016): Discovery of azurin-like anticancer bacteriocins from human gut microbiome through homology modeling and molecular docking against the tumor suppressor p53. Biomed Research International, 2016, Article ID 8490482, pp. 1-12.
Nguyen Van Duy (Editor), Le Dinh Duc, Nguyen Thi Kim Cuc, Pham Thu Thuy, Le Phuong Chung (2015): Probiotics Technology. Science and Engineering Publisher, Hanoi. (In Vietnamese)
Nguyen Van Duy, Nguyen Ha Hung Chuong (2015): Molecular screening of Azurin-like anticancer bacteriocins from human gut microﬂora using bioinformatics. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 358, pp. 219-229, Springer.
Nguyen Van Duy (2014): Development of pharmabiotics as antibiotic alternatives for seafood security and marine aquaculture health: two cases of study in Vietnam. Khon Kaen Agriculture Journal, 42 SUPPL. 4 : 196 – 204.
Nguyen Van Duy, Pham Thu Thuy, Nguyen Thi Hai Thanh, Nguyen Thi Thanh Xuan, Hoj Lone (2014): Screening of marine bacteria with bacteriocin-like activities and probiotic potential for ornate spiny lobster (Panulirus ornatus) juvenile. Fish and Shellfish Immunology, 40(1): 49-60.
Pham Thu Thuy, Ho Thi Hong Nhi, Nguyen Van Duy (2014): Screening for bacteriocin-like antimicrobial activity against shrimp pathogenic vibrios and molecular identification of marine bacteria from otter clam Lutraria philippinarum. Thai Journal of Veterinary Medicine, 44(3): 345-353.
Nguyen Thi Thanh Tra, Nguyen Van Duy (2014): Biodiversity of major bacterial groups in association with agarwood (Aquilaria crassna) in Khanh Hoa province, Vietnam. Journal of Vietnamese Environment (Dresden University of Technology, Germany, ISSN 2193-6471), 6(2): 132-137.
Nguyen Van Duy, Pham Thu Thuy, Pham Ngoc Minh Quynh (2014): Two novel strains of bacteriocin-producing Lactobacillus plantarum and their application as biopreservative in chill-stored fresh cobia meat. Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology, 8(2): 1547-1557.
Nguyen Van Duy, Le Minh Hoang, Trang Si Trung (2013): “Application of probiotics from marine microbes for sustainable marine aquaculture development”. In: Se-Kwon Kim (ed.), “Marine Microbiology: Bioactive Compounds and Biotechnological Applications”, Weinheim: Wiley, pp. 307-349.
Pham Thu Thuy, Nguyen Van Duy (2012): Phylogenetic diversity of 16S rRNA genes in beneficial and pathogenic bacteria isolated from marine animals in Vietnam. Journal of Biotechnology, 10(4A): 803-815.
Nguyen Van Duy, Nguyen Thi Ngoc Thanh (2012): Bacteriocin production by Proteus sp. isolated from the intestine of cobia (Rachycentron canadum). Journal of Biotechnology, 10(4A): 793-801.
Nguyen Van Duy (2011): Marine bacteriocin as a new drug for aquaculture health. Journal of Fisheries Science and Technology, 4: 182-187.
Nguyen Van Duy, Pham Thu Thuy (2011): Detection of pathogenic Vibrio parahaemolyticus through toxin gene-based PCR and sequence analysis in seafood in Nha Trang, Vietnam. Journal of Science and Technology, 49(1A): 106-116.
Manuel Liebeke, Dierk-Christoph Pöther, Nguyen Van Duy, Dirk Albrecht, Dörte Becher, Falko Hochgräfe, Michael Lalk, Michael Hecker, Haike Antelmann (2008): Depletion of thiol-containing proteins in response to quinones in Bacillus subtilis. Molecular Microbiology 69(6):1513-29.
Montira Leelakriangsak, Nguyen Thi Thu Huyen, Stefanie Töwe, Nguyen Van Duy, Dörte Becher, Michael Hecker, Haike Antelmann, Peter Zuber (2008): Regulation of quinone detoxification by the thiol stress sensing DUF24/MarR-like repressor, YodB in Bacillus subtilis. Molecular Microbiology 67(5), 1108-24.
Stefanie Töwe, Montira Leelakriangsak, Kazuo Kobayashi, Nguyen Van Duy, Michael Hecker, Peter Zuber, Haike Antelmann (2007): The MarR-type repressor MhqR (YkvE) regulates multiple dioxygenases/glyoxalases and an azoreductase which confer resistance to 2-methylhydroquinone and catechol in Bacillus subtilis. Molecular Microbiology 66(1), 40-54.
Nguyen Van Duy, Carmen Wolf, Ulrike Mäder, Michael Lalk, Peter Langer, Ulrike Lindequist, Michael Hecker, Haike Antelman (2007): Transcriptome and proteome analyses in response to 2- methylhydroquinone and 6-brom-2-vinyl-chroman-4-on reveal different degradation systems involved in the catabolism of aromatic compounds in Bacillus subtilis. Proteomics 7(9), 1391-408.
Nguyen Van Duy, Ulrike Mäder, Ngoc Phuong Tran, Jean-François Cavin, Le Thi Tam, Dirk Albrecht, Michael Hecker, Haike Antelmann (2007): The proteome and transcriptome analysis of Bacillus subtilis in response to salicylic acid. Proteomics 7(5), 698-710.
B. Conference Proceedings
22. Do TT, Le CH, Mai AT, Le BT, Tran DT and Nguyen VD (2017): Assessing awareness and attitude of the learners and teachers about students’ employability in Nha Trang city to support high-quality human resource training towards international standardization. Proceedings of International Conference on Vietnamese National Qualifications Framework and Curriculum Development in Higher Education, Nha Trang, Vietnam, 2/6/2017, pp. 183-194.
23. Tran HT, Le CH, Nguyen VD, Tran DT, Le BT and Mai AT (2017): Enhancement of high quality human resource in Vietnam through university and enterprise collaboration. Proceedings of International Conference on Vietnamese National Qualifications Framework and Curriculum Development in Higher Education, Nha Trang, Vietnam, 2/6/2017, pp. 266-272.
24. Le Thi Van, Nguyen Van Duy (2016): Selective cytotoxic effect of two Lactobacillus plantarum strains isolated from traditional Vietnamese fermented cabbage against human head and neck cancer cells. Proceedings of the 2nd National Scientific Conference on Biological Research and Teaching in Vietnam, Danang, May 20, 2016, pp. 1328-1334. (ISBN 978-604-62-5440-9)
25. Nguyen Thi Hai Thanh, Nguyen Thi Hong Mai, Nguyen Van Duy (2013): Antimicrobial activity and characterization of crude bacteriocin produced by marine bacteria isolated from Vietnam. Proceedings of National Biotechnology Conference 2013, 1: 474-478. (ISBN 978-604-913-135-6)
26. Nguyen Van Duy, Nguyen Thi Hai Thanh, Le Phuong Chung, Pham Thu Thuy (2013): Isolation, screening and characterization of marine bacteriocin-producing bacteria for the development of potential drugs in aquaculture. Proceedings of International Conference on “East Sea 2012”, Nha Trang, 12-14/9/2012, pp. 492-503. (ISBN 978-604-913-172-1)
C. Recent Presentations
27. Nguyen Van Duy (2014): Development of pharmabiotics as antibiotic alternatives for seafood security and marine aquaculture health: two cases of study in Vietnam. 6th International Science, Social Sciences, Engineering and Energy Conference, Udon Thani, Thailand, 17-19/12/2014.
28. Nguyen Van Duy (2014): Marine bacteriocin-producing Proteus and Klebsiella strains with the potential for the production of safe probiotics and immunostimulants against enteric pathogens. Vaccines 2014, London, UK, 20-22/10/2014.
29. Nguyen Van Duy, Pham Thu Thuy (2012): Two novel strains of bacteriocin-producing lactic acid bacteria and their application as biopreservative in chill-stored fresh cobia meat, Proceedings of International Fishery Symposium (IFS 2012), Can Tho, 6-8/12/2012.
30. Nguyen Van Duy (2012): Transdisciplinary systems approach of sustainable aquaculture for food security in Southeast Asian developing countries: two cases of study in Vietnam, The Regional Workshop on Water, Land and Southeast Asia Food Sovereignty, Bogor, Indonesia, 17-21/9/2012.
31. Nguyen Van Duy (2010): Screening of bacteriocin-producing lactic acid bacteria for food preservation. National Conference of Aquacultural Biotechnology, Hochiminh city, 2/12/2010.
32. Nguyen Van Duy, Le Thi Tam, Carmen Wolf, Ulrike Mäder, Dirk Albrecht, Ngoc Phuong Tran, Jean-François Cavin, Michael Lalk, Ulrike Lindequist, Rabea Sietmann, Frieder Schauer, Michael Hecker and Haike Antelmann (2007), Transcriptome and proteome analyses in response to aromatic compounds in Bacillus subtilis, Annual Conference of the Association for General and Applied Microbiology (VAAM), Osnabruck, Germany, 1-4/4/2007.